I know that I'm fully, 100% responsible for where I am in my life. I am not in denial of that. I know that if I want my life to improve, I need to start making better decisions than the ones I've been making for the last ten years. I have habits to break, including making those same bad choices. As they say, old habits die hard. Sometimes I feel like I don't know how to make different choices.
But that is a cop out. The truth is, I'm only 29. Realistically, I'm still young. Very young. I still have the future laid out before me and it's still mine to decide what to do with it. But I'm not young enough to delay that question anymore. And I have spent way too long not actively working towards something. I'm wise enough now to know things won't just fall into place on their own. If I want the good things, I have to work for them. I have to go out and grab them. I have to know what they are, or at least enough of what they look like to recognize them when they are in front of me.
And I also have to accept that I have flaws, and that I will still probably be the biggest thing standing in my way. I have to learn how to get around myself as I craft myself into someone who WON'T stand in my way. Self-confidence is no longer out of my reach. I have no reason not to believe in myself, and therefore I DO believe in myself. Flaws and self-made obstacles included.
- Current Mood: drained
Your result for A Song Of Ice And Fire house sorting quiz...
24 Stark, -13 Lannister, 8 Targaryen, 22 Tully and 12 Tyrell!
- Current Location:home
- Current Mood: sleepy
1. What's on your current book wish list? If too many to list, describe what kind of things are on it.
2. If you could get just one of those as a gift right now, which would it be?
3. Are there any books in your collection that you want a different or secondary copy of?
4. When is the last time you sold/donated/otherwise got rid of books you didn't want anymore?
5. Do you have any books written in a language other than your native tongue?
( My answersCollapse )
- Current Location:home
- Current Mood: content
1. Comment on this post with I VOLUNTEER!
2. I will give you a letter.
3. Think of 5 fictional characters and post their names and your comments on these characters in your LJ.
I was given the letter C by et_tu_lj. (Was given O by her husband. Will do that later, when I have 5 O characters. LOL.)
( Read more...Collapse )
Give me a character (feel free to give me more than one) and I will tell you:
- Why I love them or why I wish they'd go die in a fire
- My OTP for the character
- My favorite gen relationship with this character
- An unpopular opinion about this character
- One thing I wish I could change for this character in canon
Fandoms: Harry Potter, Stargate: SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, BtVS, Charmed, Star Trek (TOS, 2009), Doctor Who, Avengers, Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia
|Which Disney personality are you?|
You are Mulan!
Despite your anxiety, you are loyal to those you love! You are type 6 in the Enneagram personality types. For more information on your type visit here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/
|Click Here to Take This Quiz|
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.
Well if that isn't my Hufflepuff side showing. LOL.